• Thoroughly exfoliate the night before and the morning of your tan. Tan Erasers can be purchased in the salon and they are perfect for preparing the skin before a tan and removing old tan at only $15 they are a great investment.
• Any hair removal to be done 24 hours prior. Please do not shave JUST before your tan. Shaving can encourage your skin to produce natural oils which can affect the tan. Or even better book in to be waxed a few days prior to your tan appointment as this will remove the dead layer of skin.
• Use a body wash that is not highly perfumed or moisturising.
• If washing your hair or shaving before your tanning appointment please make sure you exfoliate AFTER these activities to ensure any conditioner and/or moisturiser is completely removed.
• After your last shower before your appointment, do not apply any moisturiser or deodorant. Moisturiser can act as a barrier and deodorant can react with the spray tan and turn green.
• Wear or bring dark, loose-fitting clothing to change into at the end of your tan. Tanning solutions wash out of most clothes very easily but may stain some materials.
• If it is raining, bring an umbrella or poncho
• Pat dry after having a shower, Don’t shave and avoid anything which may strip your skin such as exposure to chlorinated water, or exfoliating gloves or sponges.
• Use a soap that doesn’t contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which strips tan
• And Most importantly Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise
• A spray tan will last 5-10 days depending on your skin and your at home maintenance.
• Do not exercise until 8 – 10 hours after your tan.
If you are at all concerned or need to change your next booked appointment please feel free to text or call me on 0414 228 906
Enjoy your new Spray Tan!